The PIT-method is a relatively simple and cost effective method to check the quality of especially pile types that are cast in-situ, but the method is also applicable for checking driven piles, as long as the pile material is elastic.
cp test a/s offers PIT measurements as a quality assurance, where the result can be used in context with design requirements as well as in combination with other tests performed.
PIT provides information about:
- Pile length
- The continuity of the pile – e. g. if the cross section is changed (enlarged/diminished) or if cracks appear
- Changes in elastic properties of the pile (material quality)
- Distance to probable defects in the pile
- Estimation of the amount of defects
- Does NOT give information on bearing capacities.
Contact our experts for further information: